Tooth extraction

Articles and discussions about making the best care choices for our aging parents and loved ones.

Tooth extraction

Postby ross » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:59 am

My mom is diabetic. Her molar tooth is infected. The cavity is years old. She visits the dentist every time the pain occurs. Her dentist suggested having the cavity filled and she got it done. We were residing in NY before. We migrated to Toronto last month. Last day her tooth filling came off. She doesn’t want that tooth to cause any more trouble so she is planning to remove it but she is concerned about how her diabetes will affect the tooth extraction process. I fixed an appointment at a dental clinic in Lexington for her tooth extraction. Is this a bad idea? What are the precautions to be taken considering her diabetes? What are the other possible ways to cure infected tooth? I’ve heard about root canal treatment. How effective and reliable is this process? Is it better than tooth extraction? What are the pros and cons of getting a dental implant right after the extraction? Kindly share your wisdom.
ross

Return to Choosing Care